What’s new with Karina Halle

I wrote that title in the third person, not because I’m turning into George Costanza, but because it’s easier for search engines to pick up. Sadly I’m busy writing most of the time (when I’m not cuddling with my fiance or dog in our 1930′s sunny farmhouse we just moved into -yep, had to throw that in there because it’s just so awesome), so I can’t always answer the same questions on my Facebook and Twitter. Sooooooo hopefully people can see this and get up to date with all the newest happenings. Because, I know, life changes quickly!

1. There is no Little Fifteen. I get this question way too much…There IS NO LITTLE FIFTEEN. Instead we have the Ada Palomino Series coming out late 2014, starting with Veiled, which you can add to your Goodreads here. NOTE: The series isn’t YA but NA…but Ada is 17…the thing is, I hate categorizing books this way. I don’t write into a genre, as you know. But it’s a teen – a realistic teen. There will be sex and swearing and ghosts…nothing graphic or erotic, but you know…it happens!

2. Bold Tricks is the final book in the Artist Trilogy and it comes out October 15th. You all may hate me for the outcome…but keep in mind, this is my book and their story. I came up with the epilogue of the book WHEN I was writing Sins & Needles. It was always this way. Hope you enjoy it anyway. I’m fucking proud of this series.

3. The Devil’s Reprise is the sequel to The Devil’s Metal. It comes out in paperback and e-book on October 29th JUST in time for Halloween. It’s sexy and scary and if you’ve NOT read The Devil’s Metal, that’s okay…it’ll make sense as a standalone.

4. Ashes to Ashes is the 8th (second to last) Experiment in Terror book coming out in December 2013. Blurb and cover coming soon!

5. The Artists Trilogy is coming to AUDIOBOOK in Jan-March of 2014! However PAPERBACKS of Sins & Needles, Shooting Scars and Bold Tricks won’t be coming out from Grand Central Publishing until late 2014 (but HOPEFULLY it will be moved up to an earlier date).

6. Also in January, I’m releasing a standalone horror romance. I’ll be including the first chapter in either the Devil’s Reprise or Ashes to Ashes.

7. Dirty Angels…what the hell is that? It’s a new series, three books, revolving around three different characters. It’s romantic suspense. It’s dark and edgy and sexy as hell and the first one will come out in April. The books can be read as standalones and out of order if wanted, but that said I am aiming to have each book, Dirty Angels, Dirty Deeds and Dirty Promises no more than three months apart.

8. Lost in Wanderlust…my Chinese Democracy. When is this coming? Probably no sooner than April…unless Grand Central publishes it. I have to let them offer on it but otherwise I can’t publish any contemporary romance until April as per my contract.

9. The last EIT book – Dust to Dust – is coming in May. *cries*

I have some other books coming next year but I don’t want to commit to anything until I’m actually writing the thing! I hope that clears some stuff up. Stay tuned for cover reveals and blurbs and other fun stuff :)

Comments

1. Laura G says

Oh god! You are going to be really busy!! Congratulations! It must be awesome to see all your hard work published. Relax a bit though, your fans (me) don’t want you having a stress attack. Congrats again. Love ya! I will prepare for all your books.

2. Sue Erickson says

Karina I’m not ready to give up Dex and Perry yet!!! Will they be in Ada’s book? Love all your stuff but Dex will always be my main man.

3. Ash says

*cries also* EIT is at the top of my favorites. I’m excited and sad that it’s coming to an end. But, honestly, all I have to do is reread them to keep living in Perry and Dex’s world.

I’ve noticed in a few interviews you mentioning us readers potential for pissiness when it comes to the end of TAT.. I have to say, I’m a bit nervous. I have an idea, but don’t want to ruin it for myself.

Anyway – you have a shit ton of work to do. Awesome work. Thanks for sharing your scary, brilliant and talented mind with us. You kick ass.

4. says

wow Karina, some writers produce a book every year/two years – and you’ve all this going on…not only that but your writing is quality. there are some prolific writers out there but the standard they produce is …well, it shows they haven’t researched/taken care but just done it ASAP. Yours though always amazes me with how much detail, how realistic, how blown away i am by the complex plots. I love EIT – only found your books this year, didn’t think i’d like it but 1st was free, and after that i was hooked, and it was great i could go through so many so quickly :) then started T&T ( javier *swoon* i think he’s misunderstood!!) so am waiting for that conclusion. haven’t tried devils metal as i got the impression it was YA, but maybe i should :) I get really anti trilogy lately, but thats becuase of the uncertainty of whether and when and what price they’ll finish. i hate those which have cliffhangers then we have to wait a year or more for next book…some i’ve got i’ve been waiting two yeatrs for! But I know that you will have all parts out and at a good price without keeping us hanging on endlessly. I really admire you – and don’t know how you pack it all in. Thanks – a Huge Thanks from someoine who loves a solid, good story, a romce but with lots of plots and able top make me think and wonder “what would happen if..” and who knows that when a novel has the KH tag its going to be good.

5. says

The last book in EIT will kill me. I’ve read every book in this series (along with novellas )the same week in June when the 7th book came out and every friend of mine on GR have read it. So I didn’t want to be missed out. I fell in love with it so much I can’t believe it will end so soon (for me). I can’t wait to read Ada story. And every other book you wrote. I still haven’t read The Devil’s Metal but I plan on changinig it.

Btw, as much as I love your books, I hate Grand Central Pub, cause they always decline me when I request books published by them.

6. Ray says

I’m both excited and scared (Team Camden!!!!) and can’t believe that I’ll need to say goodbye to your wonderful characters in the Artists Trilogy. That’s bad enough but (sobs) I’m even more gutted that there won’t be any more Dex & Perry

• Sue Erickson says

I agree Ray. Should publish one a year like a Nancy Drew kind of mystery feel. Just want Karina to keep them in our lives so we can see how they are getting along.

7. Heather I. says

Lots of good stuff coming!!! I can’t wait to listen to the Artists Trilogy on Audible!! Yay. I also look forward to however it ends

8. ConnieSS says

Love all of your books that I have read. Mixed feelings that EIT is coming to a close… I’m sure I will re-read all of them again and again.

9. Lucia Valovcikova says

A standalone horror romance? I am looking forward to January :) But I feel bittersweet about EIT ending next year, it is my all time favourite series ever!!!